*Branch from outside
*Rainbow Yarn (amazon), Black Yarn, Beige Yarn
(Please note: You can use ANY yarn you want! These are just the colors I had on hand)
*Glue Gun, Scissors, Thicker String OR Multiple Pipe Cleaners twisted together (this will be for the little rainbow)
How to Make Pom Poms + Rainbow:
- Wrap yarn around two fingers (loose) about 50-100 times. The more you wrap yarn around your fingers, the fuller the pom pom will be. Make sure not to wrap the yarn too tightly. Cut the string of yarn to detach it from the yarn ball.
- Cut an additional small piece of yarn, about 4-5 inches. Thread the yarn through the middle of the wrapped yarn and tie a very tight double knot. (Now it's in the shape of a Minnie BOW!)
- Carefully cut the looped sections of yarn on either side. You will see the pom pom shape start to appear. *The more you cut on each side, the puffier the pom will be.
- Repeat steps 1-3 to create a matching set of Mickey pom pom ears.
- To create the bigger pom pom for Mickey’s head, wrap yarn around three fingers and repeat steps 2 and 3.
- Once you have all 3 (two small, one larger) - Hot Glue Gun them into the shape of Mickey's Head! *BE CAREFUL - HOT HOT HOT!
- Repeat all steps to create multiple Mickey pom poms.
*Using your thicker rope OR twisted pipe cleaners, just start wrapping your rainbow yarn the whole way until you have wrapped about 8".
*Hot Glue the ends so the yarn stays in place.
*Repeat so you have TWO rainbows (you can actually do as many as you want!)
*Add your mini mickey pom poms (using above directions) and hot glue on!
How to Make Boho Wooden Yarn Wall Hanging:
*Note: I had hardly ANY yarn on hand - so I would have made this a LOT thicker...but you can always add to it!
- Get your branch and yarn. Cut a piece of yarn double the length of the height you want each piece to hang.
- Tie the piece using a larks head knot. All that means is that you fold your piece in half over the branch, and then bring both ends through the fold, like the same way you’d put a luggage tag on your suitcase. *see image below*
- Tighten and repeat until you’ve covered your whole branch!
How to Add Pom Poms/Mickey Rainbow:
Pick wherever you want to "Hot Glue" them on!